Thursday 25 April 2013

Ideas from Natural Forms

Studying different natural objects, such as pinecones and seeds, to see if any ideas for a final piece can be developed from them..

 Ideas for jewellery/casting I could do..

Turned out to be quite difficult to cast, as pinecone tended to squash.. could try again and stuff sand into the gaps to create a more rounded shape.

Had a few ideas to do with casting sycamore seeds and hanging them up in display or some form if installation, but when I tried to cast them, I couldn't get all of the fine detail, so I might combine ceramics and metal to make it work more effectively..

Created some sycamore seed shapes in ceramics with oxides, and sketched some ideas of what I could make with them.

Ideas for a potential final piece? Idea of something valuable being broken, but something new growing from it, this could be in the form of cast metal shoots, or ferns..

Studies of sycamore seeds and natural forms..

No comments:

Post a Comment