Wednesday 17 April 2013

Value in Money

Decided to explore money, coins and notes as it's something which a lot of people place their value in.
Some photography of money:





I took some studies from the coins/notes to see if I could use them in some way to relate to my project..


I found it interesting how in many forms of money, from any culture, natural forms, plants and animals were used to decorate something we value and tend to rely on.

I also found an example of coins being used to make jewellery from "Hairy Growler Jewellery" which I find quite interesting:


This led me on to a few possible ideas..



Possible design for a brooch or necklace pendant? The coins have lost their value, but have been given a new purpose. Through this, objects could be appreciated in a new way..


Melting Money - lost it's value..



No comments:

Post a Comment